Moving the goalposts or shifting the goalposts is a metaphor derived from goal based sports that means to change the criterion goal . Demanding from an opponent that he or she address more and more points after the initial counter argument has been satisfied refusing to conceded or accept the opponents argument. The moving the goalposts trope as used in popular culture alice and bob make a deal however alice has much more power than bob because bob is really . Moving the goalposts is an informal logical fallacy in which previously agreed upon standards for deciding an argument are arbitrarily changed once they have been met this is usually done by the losing side of an argument in a desperate bid to save face. Definition of move the goalposts in the idioms were never going to get the book design finished in time if the publisher keeps moving the goalposts every
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.